About Town Planning Department
In the period from 1914 to 1962, the name of this department was Consulting Surveyor to Government. Directorate of Town planning and valuation has been in existence since 1962 and the head office of the Directorate is at Central Building, Pune. The department prepares land use plans for the urban as well as rural areas. The department also carries out a valuation of immovable properties and prepares the Annual Statement of Rates (ASR) for the state.
Objectives of the Department:
- Preparation of Regional Plan (through Regional Planning Board)
- Preparation of development plan for Municipal towns and non-municipal towns wherever needed.
- Preparation of Town planning schemes, for effective implementation of development plans and, for planned development of lands.
- Act as a consultant to the Government on the legal and technical aspects pertaining to Regional Plan, Development Plan, Town Planning Scheme, Integrated township projects and all the matters related to the provisions of MRTP Act, 1966 and various policy issues.
The following works related to town planning are also carried out apart from the above functions.
- Transportation Plans, Traffic Management Plans according to traffic and transportation-related issues.
- Preparation of plans on Government lands and to advise Collector about the same.
- To advise the Municipal Authorities, Revenue Department and other Departments of the government, regarding the land development control.
- Working as a valuation expert in land valuation and land acquisition proposals.
- Assistance to the Government Lawyers in the District Court.
- To prepare Annual Statement of Rates for stamp duty collection
- Assistance in evaluation in the cases under section 31, 32, 34 and 53 of the Maharashtra Stamp Act to Joint District Registrar.
POST-Assistant Town Planner, Grade-1 (Group-B) (Gazetted)
रु. ९३०० - रु. ३४८००/-, ग्रेड पे रु. ४४००/- अधिक इतर भत्ते -
1. The candidate must possess a Degree in Civil Engineering or Civil and Rural Engineering or Urban and Rural Engineering or Architecture or Construction Technology or Urban Planning of a Recognised University or equivalent qualification.
2. महाराष्ट्र शासनाच्या माहिती तंत्रज्ञान संचालनालयाने वेळोवेळी विहित केलेली संगणक हाताळण्याबाबतचे प्रमाणपत्र धारण करणे आवश्यक असेल.
Stages of Exam:
1) Written Exam - 200 Marks 2) Interview - 50 Marks
Scheme of Examination
|Subject & Code No.
|No. of Questions
|Nature of paper
|Related to the subject (Code No – 105)
Final merit list will be prepared by considering the marks obtained in written test and interview.
Please click on the below link to view the syllabus of Town Planning Exam.